Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of participation to Barclays MoonTrekker 2019.
1) Fundraising: All participants are required to raise a minimum of HK$650 via SimplyGiving. Additional payments can be made through other means.
2) Category changes: Participants can change their category (i.e. from a team to a pair, or a pair to a solo, or Moonlit to Sunrise), until the 1st September with a HK$100 admin fee per person. Category changes will not be accepted after the 1st September. Email: email@example.com your proof of payment to Moontrekker Limited; HSBC: 400 651 709 838. Substitutions can be done through your online record (the link is contained in your confirmation email) at no cost. There will be a black-out period for substitutions 2 weeks before race pack collection.
3) Collection of Race-packs: Participants who do not collect their race-packs at the race-pack collection day (held on 21st September, 2019), or organise a courier to the collect their race-packs on their behalf, will forfeit their place in the race.
4) Refunds: Entry fees are refundable upon email request until 1st September 2019, but a HK$100 administration fee per participant as well as any credit card charges. After 1st September 2019, no refunds will be made.
5) Route/Timing: The organizer reserves the right to alter the event route at our discretion. Participants are advised to check event website from time to time to check latest information and to read all communications from the organiser.
6) Route directions: Participants are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the route in training runs. The organizer accepts no responsibility for participants who do not follow the correct route. Any participant running in the road will be automatically disqualified.
7) Physical injury: Participants accept taking part in MoonTrekker, or related training hikes, have an inherent risk of injury. Organisers or affiliates of MoonTrekker Limited including its partners and sponsors accepts no responsibility whatsoever of participants including death or injury.
8) Age: Participants must be 18 years old or above on the day of the race.
9) Fitness: All participants must ensure that they are physically fit to participate in the race. By submitting his or her entry, each applicant agrees to obey and accept all the terms and conditions of participation as does each team member signed up to participate as part of a team.
10) BIB: All participants must wear their race bibs so that they are visible from the front when taking part. Unofficial participants may be black-listed from future events as well as any official participants if deemed to be part of the same group. Please help us manage numbers on the course by not encouraging friends to take part who have been unable to secure an official spot.
11) Event photographs usage: Barclays MoonTrekker reserves the right to use any photographs of participants taken by our event photographers to be used on MoonTrekker promotional materials including website, newsletter or media releases.
12) Rescheduling the event: The organizer reserves the right to reschedule the event (MoonTrekker) at its discretion (weather being the main concern). Should the event be rescheduled for any reason, the organiser will try to stage the event within 3 months. If it is unable to stage the event within 3 months for any reason, the organiser will offer a 50% refund to all participants. Force majeure risk is shared by all the participants, organisers and sponsors. You will be allowed to substitute yourself for another participant at no extra cost.