Terms and Conditions
SunTrekker Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of participation to SunTrekker 2019.
1) Fundraising: If you are signing up to SunTrekker and also doing MoonTrekker, don’t forget that all MoonTrekker participants are required to raise a minimum of HK$650 via SimplyGiving fundraising page. Additional payments can be made through other means. In addition, please note that HK$50 of your SunTrekker registration entry fee will be donated to OceansAsia.
2) Substitutions: Participants can transfer their entry to another person, until the 28th August 2019 (or 24 hours before the event date in case of postponement). Substitutions can be done through your online record (the link is contained in your confirmation email) at no cost or upon e-mail request (subject to a HK$100 administration fee). Thereafter, substitutions can be done on race day (HK$100 administration fee will be charged).
3) Refunds: Entry fees are refundable upon email request until 7th August 2019 (HK$100 administration fee will be charged per participant as well as any credit card charges. After 7th August 2019, no refunds will be made.
4) Route/Timing: The organizer reserves the right to alter the event route at our discretion. Participants are advised to check event website time to time to check latest information.
5) Route directions: Participants are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the route in training runs. The organizer accepts no responsibility for participants who do not follow the correct route. Any participant not following the instructions of event marshals will be automatically disqualified.
6) Physical injury: Participants take part in SunTrekker entirely at their own risk and accept that taking part in SunTrekker, or related training hikes, hold an inherent risk of injury. Organisers or affiliates of MoonTrekker Limited, including its partners, accept no responsibility whatsoever for participants including death or injury.
7) Age: Participants must be 18 years old or above.
8) Fitness: All participants must ensure that they are physically fit to participate in the event. By submitting their entry, each applicant agrees to obey and accept all the terms and conditions of participation.
9) Bibs and numbering: No bibs will be used but each participant will be given a numbered wrist band that must be worn at all times during the event to ensure they can be identified. Unofficial participants may be black-listed from future events as well as any official participants if seen to be part of the same group. Please help us manage numbers on the course by not encouraging friends to take part who have been unable to secure an official spot.
10) Reschedule: The organizer reserves the right to reschedule the event to a later date at our discretion (inclement weather, particularly lightning and thunderstorms, being the main concern). The back up date for SunTrekker is 7th September 2019, if the event is rescheduled. Force majeure risk is shared by all the participants, organisers and sponsors. You will be allowed to substitute yourself for another participant for the rescheduled date but refunds will not be available.